Disney parks offer something different for anyone. Whether you go for the rides, relaxation, or to try out new foods, everyone can find something to make them enjoy their stay. One thing that everyone seems to agree on, however, is what’s considered a Disney park delicacy: Dole Whip.
- 4 cups (16oz/450g ) small chunks frozen Pineapple
- 1 cup (8oz/225g) of low fat coconut milk (or milk of choice, almond, regular)
*weight notes at the bottom of recipe
- Place the coconut milk and frozen chunks of pineapple into a food processor or high powered blender. (the pineapple has to be frozen)
- Turn on food processor and blend until the consistency becomes creamy.
- You will have to stop several times and scoop down the pineapple.
- Keep blending until all of the pineapple chunks are gone and the mix is smooth.
- Enjoy immediately as it is ‘soft serve’ and should be eaten straight away.
- If you want to freeze a little you can, just know it does freeze solid once frozen and is no longer soft.
Normally 16oz = 2 cups, not 4. However the weight of pineapple is very different to what we normally weigh in a cup like flour so both measurements are right. The pineapple is chunky and big and doesn’t fill a cup the same way flour would.